Saturday, September 29, 2007

Long Time No Blog

So Oregon was really fun, and Portland was a cool city. I tried to keep my training going, but dialed down the intensity for the week (it's vacation, people). Eileen and I had an awesome time. I'd say that my running highlight for the week was taking a long run in Portland...we ran from downtown up a fairly large hill to the campus of Oregon Health Science University. We got kind of lost but then ended up running in this protected woodland area right beside OHSU. So having a single run comprised of city streets and complete wilderness was awesome.

Since then the training has been going well; I ran a 15-er the day we got back from Oregon and this morning I ran a 12 miler, with 2 breaks at one of the parks along the lakefront path to do some chinups on the monkey bars. I'm a little nervous about how the athletic obstacles will affect my running, because it is hard to get into a rhythm again. I figure I'll just pace myself and do my best.

3 weeks to go! Keep sending me good vibes.

No comments: